Tuesday, August 7, 2012

100 years young!

This will be the first and only time that I have the opportunity to design an invitation for my grandfather's 100th birthday party, this September. What an honor. I kept it simple and sophisticated, in greys and black on a just-off-white card, and charcoal grey envelope (from one of my favorite paper stores in the world, Nota Bene). I printed them on my HP ink jet printer.

My grandfather is quite an amazing man, he grew up in Montreal, adored my fabulous grandmother Frances until she passed away, and told me just last week, that he lots of plans with her when he joins her one day. He played football for the very first Professional Montreal Football club and worked in the textile business selling fabrics for many many years. He had hip replacement surgery in his nineties and decided that it was a good time to give up his driver's license, 2 years ago (thank GOD!).
He still lives on his own, resents wearing his hearing aid and teeth, and is as sharp as a tack.
I only hope that I will have as long and as amazing a life as my grandpa Irving.
It should be quite a party :-)


No comments: