Friday, April 20, 2012

Portfolio Photo Shoot

The other day I woke up and decided that it was time to get organized. And, quickly!
I had an opportunity to get my design work in front of one the biggest giftware companies in the world, and it had to be done within 5 days... In essence, I needed to get my portfolio together. FAST. I could not let this opportunity pass me by, even if the endeavor felt, well, daunting.
I called my close friend and talented photographer Lynn Poulin and asked her if she had time for a sesh, she said "sure girl" in her cute way. I promised that I would do the styling and she could work her magic.
I also frantically called one of my larger clients, who I have just finished up several collections for and asked begged for samples/mock ups to use (since some of the products are in the process of being produced, as we speak!). Although I didn't get all the collections I had hoped to include, I did get enough to show what I am up to these days. The shoot was, I would have to say, one of the very best we have ever done together.
I had gone back and forth in my mind about what to do, super simple, a little styled, a lot styled. I quickly spoke to Lynn about some of my ideas before starting and she pushed me to do my thing.
(partyware for www.pierrebelvedere.com)



It's so easy to get influenced by what we see all over the internet, all over Pinterest, etc, but when I started to play around and just let myself go where I felt the photos needed to go, they turned out very me, very my style, simply put, what I do best. I am excited to share some of my new products/designs with  you.

No comments: